We are committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with our obligations both under 1) the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“the Act”) (as amended) and the guiding policies referenced therein and, to the extent applicable, 2) the European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”), where we process personal data (as defined in article 4 of the GDPR as ‘any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person’) (“Personal Data”), relating to identifiable UK or EU residents to the extent that said residents are covered by the GDPR (“UK/EU Residents”). We are a data controller for the Website and in respect of the services we provide.
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and us.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- At trade shows, exhibitions, conferences, networking, industry, or similar events (“In-person Events”).
- In any other circumstance where you have provided your personal information to us,
It does not apply to information collected by:
- through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at [email protected]
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and at in-person events including information:
- or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identified, whether the information or opinion is true or not, and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as search terms; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorised persons.
The information we collect at in-person events may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms. This includes information provided at the time, subscribing to our service, or requesting further services.
- Your information that you provide via business card or similar instrument.
- Information you provided to the event and by extension provided to Company as part of our participation, your badge scan at our booth, or similar mechanism.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customise our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognise you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection include:
Cookies (or browser cookies)
A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual although the cookie stored on your computer does not identify you. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
Third Party Content
This Website may contain third party advertisements or other content including links to external web sites. In the event you choose to use links displayed on this Website to visit other web sites, you are advised to read the privacy policies published on those sites. We assume no responsibility and accept no liability for the condition or content of any third-party websites that may be linked to this Website.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use personal information that we collect about you or that you provide to us:
- To fulfil the purpose for which it was collected as stated or reasonably apparent at the time of collection.
- To conduct our business.
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfil any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
- To do anything that is in our legitimate interests in carrying on our business (and these are not overridden by your rights), for example, identifying opportunities to improve our services to you and performing administrative and operational tasks.
- Where it is necessary for the performance of a contract, for example, to verify your identity in a transaction.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent; or
- As required or permitted by law, which may include for a secondary purpose that is related to a purpose for which we collected the personal information and for which you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose your personal information.
- Third parties (such as NextRoll) may place cookies on the browser used by you in order to serve targeted advertising and for measurement and analytics purposes.
We may also use your personal information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our employees, subsidiaries, and affiliates.
- With dental providers, in connection with the Services you request
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganisation, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of EZ SMILE Pty Ltd.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by EZ SMILE Pty Ltd. about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfil the purpose for which you provide it (including to process an order or request made by you).For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of EZ SMILE Pty Ltd., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Personal information which we collect, and hold is stored within our locally housed data servers in Amazon Web Server Sydney Australia. We utilise some cloud-based service providers for specific functions such as email and accounts, who may store certain information on our behalf on servers based in the USA.
Some of the third parties with whom we share personal information may be located outside Australia. While such third parties will often be subject to privacy and confidentiality obligations, you accept that where lawful, such obligations may differ from and be less stringent than the requirements of the privacy laws of Australia.
For UK/EU Residents, this means that your personal data will almost certainly be transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) when it is provided to us as we are based in Australia. Where your personal data is transferred by us to anyone else, it will only be done with relevant protections in place; i.e. to countries that have been identified as providing adequate protection for EEA data, or to a third party where we have approved transfer mechanisms in place to protect your personal data if applicable – i.e., by entering into the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses, or by ensuring the entity is Privacy Shield certified (for transfers to US-based third parties).
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Personal Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or at any other time by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected]. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe by clicking the link marked ‘Unsubscribe’ at the bottom of any marketing email received from EZ SMILE and follow the prompts to unsubscribe. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company because of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your personal information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your personal information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website. You may use the NAI opt-out tool here.
Rights of UK/EU residents
UK/EU Residents also have the following additional rights under the GDPR:
- the right to request that we erase their personal data (right to be forgotten).
- the right to obtain a copy of their personal data on request (as below).
- the right to transfer their personal data to another person or entity (right of data portability).
- the right to restrict or object to processing, or withdraw consent to processing; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (see below).
Please contact us if you have any enquiries in relation to the above.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information and Making Complaints
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us, or if you have a privacy related query or complaint. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. Any request to change information will be handled in accordance with the rights and obligations contained in the Act.
In relation to any complaints, we will treat your complaint confidentially, investigate your complaint and aim to ensure that we contact you and that your complaint is resolved within a reasonable time or the time required by the Act or GDPR, as applicable.
If we are unable to satisfactorily resolve your concerns or complaint, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (see website at www.oaic.gov.au), or the local regulator in your jurisdiction in Europe, as applicable.
How long do we keep your Personal Information?
Except if your information is required to be retained by law, we will hold your personal information for as long as you retain an account with us, or until you notify us that you no longer wish to hold your account or until you request that we erase your data.
We are required to keep some of your information for certain periods of time under applicable law, for example for 7 years or otherwise for the provision of legal services. We may also need to retain certain personal information after we cease providing our services to enforce our terms, for audit or insurance purposes, to identify or resolve legal claims and/or for proper record keeping.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Any payment transactions and passwords will be encrypted.
Once we receive your personal information, we take appropriate steps that we believe are reasonable to protect the security of your data on our system, both internally and from outsiders, and to ensure the integrity of the data we collect. We use a combination of technological and policy methods to protect this data. We work to protect the security of all information by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), an advanced encryption technology. We do not maintain or reveal your credit card numbers after your order is processed. It is important for you to protect against unauthorised use of your password and computer. If you use this Website, you are responsible for keeping your account number and password confidential. You agree to accept all responsibility for all activities or transactions on your account when your account number and password are in use. Please be aware that we will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or e-mail.
The safety and security of your personal information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.